- Penda provides extended access through classroom technology integration.
- Penda offers the opportunity to easily differentiate instruction while all students working on the same standard.
- Penda’s gaming platform offers a highly engaging, standards-based, instructional resource.
- Penda’s real time reporting system provides the chance for the teacher to conduct one-on-one data chats with students to identify and clear up misconceptions; gain insight into what students are struggling to understand; and, provides individualized remediation via mini- lessons or additional Penda activities.
How To Do It
- Prior to class, the teacher identifies Penda activities and assigns them for students to complete.
- During class, the teacher assigns students activities for the students to complete.
- During class, students complete the Penda activities independently at their own pace; students complete the Penda activities with a partner for additional support.
- During class when students work independently, the teacher holds 1:1 data chats and performs mini- lessons if needed.
Ms. Hudson identifies either a standard that a majority of students need additional remediation or a current standard students are having trouble mastering. She identifies Penda activities that target the standard(s) and assigns these activities to her students. During class, Ms. Hudson assigns students to use their device to independently complete their Penda activities. Students can either work independently or in pairs. The students that complete their assignments early have the opportunity to work on additional activities focused on the same topic, or move on to a different class assignment. Ms. Hudson holds one-on- one data chats with students and offers mini-lessons to personalize support.