- Penda provides the opportunity to accommodate many different achievement and grade levels simultaneously.
- Through Penda, Intervention can be delivered on varying levels all through the same platform, providing teacher ease of usage.
- Through Penda, intervention can be easily differentiated.
- Tier I: All students can work on the same standard by completing 1 or more activities of the students choice
- Through Penda reports, teachers can easily identify areas of remediation and intervention needed.
How To Do It
Tier 1 – Whole Class
- Teacher identifies an appropriate Penda activity and projects it at the front of the class using an LCD projector.
- The teacher conducts a mini- lesson or review that’s built around the Penda activity facilitating class discussion and strategically infusing higher order thinking questions.
- The teacher finds 1 or more activities that target a specific standard/benchmark using the search bar, and assigns the activity(ies) to all students during a class period.
- The teacher may assign different activities that target the same standard/benchmark to other class periods.
- The teacher monitors student progress via Penda reports - assignment mastery, class mastery, student mastery.
- Based upon student mastery, the teacher may assign additional activities to further extend/enrich the learning experience.