- Penda compliments the school’s structured approach to grade-level intervention, credit recovery and/or summer school offerings.
- Penda supports the opportunity for students to complete the activities at their own pace, on their own time from school and home.
- Penda’s activities are standards- based and content specific for each student.
- Penda’s student specific activities can be facilitated by a staff member that is not a math or science expert.
- Penda’s weekly Class Mastery Reports are received weekly to support continuous progress monitoring.
How To Do It
- Inform Penda Learning Implementation & Support Services.
- Penda Learning will provide recommendations and guidance along with a 9-week PAS calendar template for school staff to complete.
- Penda Learning will transcribe this calendar and align Penda activities using Penda’s automated PAS process.
- Penda activities will be assigned to each student weekly on the teachers’ behalf.
- Penda will send weekly reports to those identified for monitoring.
Kramer Middle School admin and staff have a need for a before/after school program to assist math and science students who are at risk of failing an academic quarter, or are have failed a previous quarter. The available staff are not science or math teachers. In cooperation with the school staff, Penda Learning developed a 9-week program where students are automatically assigned weekly Penda activities. Weekly reports are sent for progress monitoring to select KMS staff, including the AP.